top of page
Dr. Jung Ja Kang
Chair of Doctor of Ministry Program
Office location: Room 310/Room 301
Phone number: 714-683-1389
Thank you so much for your interest in our program.
We are here to walk with you for the journey of calling God anointed and to explore the precious step in academia and in ministry. Undeniably, God will work for the impossible possibilities with your life.
Ph.D, Talbot School of Theology
MA., Talbot School of Theology
MA., Graduate school of Chong Shin University
BA., Anyang University
For my life, to extend the Kingdom of God was embodied largely to Ph.D theological studies, mission work, and parish local ministry. I researched and worked extensive areas of curriculum designing for various ages from infant to elderly for church program. Often, the experience of my lectures and seminars also helped me greatly the studies of church growth in America between transformation of life and church revival.
In addition to academic experience, I and my husband were called for Africa mission, in Kenya Leading Bible studies, teaching, and church-planting were main program of mission trip.On May 20, 2012, I and my husband had the special calling and founded a church, GO & Disciple Church with 12 families in Cypress, CA. God is with us. The church grew to about 200 members meanwhile.
Beside ministry, since 2013 I began to teach @ Bethesda University largely consisted of international students from China and Korea. I saw the hope and focused to the endless possibilities that out of their immigrant setting and circumstance, the power and miracle of God will be even greater to defeat their loneliness and challenges. It is my prayer everyday that today will be the day in which God’s timing collide to ours that His will be done on the earth in His time and space.
Publications/Presentations (Selected List)
• "Raise up Next Generation 다음세대 일으키기", Teachers' Conference, Goori Seonggwang. Church, Goori, Korea, Dec. 2019
• In Publishing "Practicing Christian Education: An Introduction for Ministry", Mark A, Maddix and James Riley Jr. Estep, (2017) to Korean (번역 출판중)
• Ph.D Dissertation: An Inquiry into the Transformative Learning Experience of Sunday School Teachers at Korean Evangelical Churches in Southern California (2013)
• M.A. Thesis: The Relations of Christian Education and Spiritual Formation Development (1999)
• Teaching Methods and Discipleship
• Curriculum Design and Development
• Educational Ministries in the church
• Spiritual Formation and Discipline
• Developing Missional Churches
• Qualitative Research Design and Proposal
• Guiding D.Min Qualitative Research Project
• Churches' Spiritual Revival and Human's Transformation
• Next Generation's Spiritual Movement for 21 C
• Biblical Hermeneutics regarding Spiritual Awakening and Revival
bottom of page