Bethesda University is a Christ-centered community of higher education which aims to prepare students with the academic knowledge, professional skills and spiritual values to become servant leaders in global society.
"Bethesda University is
a gateway to the world"
"Now is the time when the world needs well-equipped leaders for the new millennium.
Come to Bethesda with great vision and hope to become a future leader."
Dr. David Yonggi Cho / Founder of Bethesda University
ABOUT BETHESDA UNIVERSITY
In 1976, Bethesda University was founded on a Christian groundwork derived from Pentecostal Theology to equip future leaders with the professional skills needed to become leaders in world peace and world missions by building churches and Bible institutions around the world.
In the initial years of the 21st century and into the future, BU's goal is to be a global center for Christian academic training that produces devoted Christian leaders and professionals in the Pentecostal movement and in the worship of God.
INSTITUTIONAL OBJECTIVES (GOALS)
To fulfill its mission, Bethesda University is committed to the following goals:
Understand theology and society through a Pentecostal Evangelical perspective.
Develop an integrative spiritual life which encourages students in the development of spiritual disciplines and leads to a life based on biblical morals and ethics in every area of their life.
Develop the knowledge, professional skills and attitudes appropriate to volunteer or professional involvement in ministry.
Develop the ability and passion to engage in a lifetime of serving the Lord.
Able to demonstrate information literacy skills by being able to access, evaluate, synthesize, and present credible information from a variety of resources.
Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
Bethesda University is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) [15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551; Telephone: 434-525-9539; email: email@example.com] having been awarded Reaffirmation II of its Accredited Status as a Category IV institution by the TRACS Accreditation Commission on October 26, 2021; this status is effective for a period of ten years. TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
Association for Biblical Higher Education
The programs of Bethesda University listed below are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) [5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 130, Orlando, FL 32822; Telephone: 407-207-0808] an accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation: Bachelor of Arts in Religion (Biblical Studies), Bachelor of Arts in Religion (Christian Education), Bachelor of Arts in Religion (Missions), Bachelor of Arts in Religion (Pastoral Ministry), Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry.
This institution is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at 1747 N. Market Blvd. Ste 225 Sacramento, CA 95834 P.O. Box 980818 West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818, www.bppe.ca.gov, toll-free telephone number (888) 370-7589 or by fax (916) 263-1897.
As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review the Catalog and the School Performance Fact Sheet which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 toll-free or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web site, www.bppe.ca.gov.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Bethesda University subscribes to the following statement of faith:
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and only authoritative Word of God. It is our rule of faith and practice, and all church tradition and human reason must be subject to it.
2. We believe in the one true living God, the eternal, self-existent Creator who has revealed Himself as One Being in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity and the characteristics of personality.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miraculous ministry, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, abiding intercession on our behalf, and personal return in power and glory. We believe in the humanity of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, including the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and the bestowal of spiritual gifts for service and the working of signs and wonders.
5. We believe in the historicity of the Genesis account of creation.
6. We believe that there is a personal devil who seeks to tempt and separate people from God.
7. We believe that man was created in the image of God, good and upright, but fell from his state of innocence by voluntary disobedience of God. This historical fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation, with every individual in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
8. We believe that salvation is entirely by the grace of God, apart from human works or merit, and that it is received through faith in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.
9. We believe that holiness is the result of the believer’s identification with Christ in His death, resurrection, and throne life in glory. It is realized by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit and a life of obedience to God’s Word.
10. We believe in divine healing that through His atonement Christ purchased deliverance from every sickness, and by His Spirit Christ makes healing available according to God’s wisdom and sovereignty.
11. We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, of which He is the Head, and that it is composed of all truly redeemed people, who are in spiritual unity and who are committed to the proclamation of the gospel throughout the world.
12. We believe that final judgment will take place at the end of time, with the unrighteous entering into everlasting punishment in hell and the righteous into everlasting blessedness in heaven.